Commercial version of Qflex Websphere MQ monitoring tool allows you to add and monitor Websphere Message Brokers. Before that can be done Queue Manageer needs to be configured or enabled as a JMS provider. To accomplish that one needs to execute a special script that comes as part of Websphere MQ installation. Note, for Websphere MQ v7.1, publish/subscribe MUST be enabled as well.
Follow the link to IBM Infocenter with details on how to configure Websphere MQ Queue Manager as JMS provider.
Configuring WebSphere MQ
About this task
The WebSphere MQ administrator must do the following tasks:
- Create the queue manager, by using the crtmqm command.
- Start the queue manager, by using the strmqm command.
- If you are using WebSphere MQ V7.1, publish/subscribe must be enabled. Use the ALTER QMGR command for this queue manager.
- Create the queues required, by running:
runmqsc queue-manager-name < mq-install-dir\java\bin\MQJMS_PSQ.mqsc
where mq-install-dir is the installation location of WebSphere MQ.
- If you are configuring a cluster, create the extra queues required, by running:
runmqsc queue-manager-name < <InstallDir>\config\was\create_MQ_JMS_MQ_queues.mqsc
where <InstallDir> is the installation location of Decision Server Events.